What are standards of care and why are they important?
What qualifies as failing to maintain standards and what could happen?
- Failure to follow proper “fall” or other safety protocols established by the health care institution
- Failure to administer medication in a timely and reasonable way
- Failure to monitor equipment
- Failure to warn patients about known harms or to protect patients from known dangers
- Failure to completely and accurately report the assessment or observations made regarding each patient in a timely manner
- Failure to monitor patient’s condition or to be alerted to changes in the patient’s condition
Nothing in this blog post is legal advice or establishes the attorney-client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. If you’d like to learn more about professional licensing issues in North Carolina check out our site at www.northstatelawfirm.com or our YouTube site here. 919-521-8810 is the direct line to North State Law.